Friday, September 11, 2009

My new blog! Yeah!

Today is the start of my first blog and I’ll begin with why I really, really needed to do this.
I've been driving my friends and family crazy with my "hair-on-fire" rantings about anything and everything, especially when it comes to political stupidity. I'm a liberal Democrat (except when it comes to guns - I'm all for them) and ever since the pre-election months, I've been appalled at the nonsense coming from the right-wing (OMG we have a Black President and we can't stand it) Republican bat-crap crazy, Fox Noise watching wing-nuts. My dog is going to have a nervous breakdown if I don’t quit screaming at my TV when I see and hear these idiots.
There is nothing wrong with social discourse, even passionate discourse. But when people start screaming at town hall meetings JUST to keep others from exercising their right to free speech, it becomes too much.
I despised George Bush and was furious when he took us into an unnecessary war, but I never called him Hitler or tried to infer he wasn’t born in this country. Nor would I have supported any member of Congress who would have done so. Now we have people who are suppose to be running our country agreeing with their constituents when they claim Obama was born in Kenya (HELLO!!! Hawaii folks…Hawaii) and lying about what is in health care reform legislation. It’s obscene. Free speech is great, but a lie is a lie is a lie. Every time I see and hear these people doing this (think Sarah Palin and her “death panels”, I want to scream. So from now on, I will call them out in this blog (among other musings).
So this is the start of a new endevour...

No comments: